Sunday, January 25, 2009

Something different.



So here is my latest illustration. This is acrylic on a textured board, using the Fletcher color system (a technique which involves selecting a "soloist" color from the color wheel, which makes up 10% of the painting and is accompanied by two "chorus" colors and a number of corresponding colors. While I like textured surfaces and acrylic paint, I normally don't work with either of the two (at least, I haven't in quite some time). Still, I'm pleased with this one. Prints are available in my Etsy shop!

My husband and I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button today, and it was absolutely the most beautiful film I've seen in years. Do check it out.

2 comments:

livingglassart said...

This is so pretty. Your work is beautiful.

Charla said...

Thanks for your comment! I appreciate the feedback. You're too kind! =)